Continuous Improvement Manager II
Company is a North American solutions provider focusing on automotive seating technologies that provide environmental and safety benefits to the mobility market. The Company designs and manufactures products within interior structure, leveraging one of the best automotive seat portfolios in the industry.
Company’s solutions are comprised of a variety of automotive seating product with its proprietary line of options.
The Company has over 1,500 dedicated employees with operations, throughout the automotive industry in North America.
For more information contact Fred at Sterling Professional Search LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org (248) 852-4900
Manages the company Production System and Continuous Improvement Process to improve utilization and efficiency of facilities, equipment, material handling and personnel. Evaluates work processes to determine strategies and programs which provide greater productivity and efficiency of company functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitates internal Continuous Improvement and Six-Sigma activities.
- Primarily responsible for the implementation of the company Production System.
- Gathers information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the flow of work, time requirements, costs and duration.
- Drives methods improvement for worker efficiency and reducing waste through deployment of lean tools, especially value stream mapping. This includes materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and cost justification of new equipment as necessary.
- Drives cost control and reduction programs with his/her general knowledge and special skills while assisting the management team through deployment.
- Use project management and lean methodology to lead and guide related plant projects and deliver process and financial results within a specific time frame. Conducts progress reviews with Plant Managers, Directors – Operations, and Executive Management.
- Develops and coordinates programs to recognize and reward groups or individuals for suggestions and actions related to process improvement.
- Facilitates employee teams to build cohesiveness and improve the overall results.
- Train employees, as needed, in all aspects of lean manufacturing, team effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Identifies and communicates best practices with and between other company facilities while implementing best practices from other facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Management preferred.
- Demonstrated Lean experience is mandatory.
- Certification in Lean Management Principles and/or Six Sigma Belt certifications mandatory.
- Ability to drive and lead change personally and through others.
- Experience with leading teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required (i.e. language skills, mechanical aptitude, problem-solving, communication, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in continuous improvement initiatives and methods engineering.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, flow manufacturing, Kaizen, TPM, SPC, VSM, SMED, High Performance Teams, problem solving, investment and best practice analysis (Time Studies, Work Flow Analysis, Pareto Charts, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to implement win-win solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills, communication skills and computer proficiency (including MS Office).
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed.
- Lead as a change agent to ensure lean processes are deployed in improvements.
- Ability to understand and develop financial and business case justifications for improvement projects.
- Working knowledge of government regulations (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Ability to lead teams and facilitate effective meetings
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Investigative, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Competent with traditional office software like, spreadsheets, word processing, presentations
- Computer skills. Competent in working with Microsoft Office Software and IQS
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment and to meet stringent deadlines for completing tasks.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20lbs (occasional 50lbs)
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: crouching, depth perception, balancing, feeling, field of vision, stooping, reaching, talking, far acuity, standing, color vision, kneeling, handling, hearing, near acuity, climbing.
- Heavy industrial work environment.
- This role will be exposed to temperature extremes, high noise levels, and moving machinery.