Supplier Quality Engineer
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a a company that is growing exponentially and happens to be in a market that is going to continue to grow for decades then I have an opportunity for you. This is for people who are looking to make a long-term commitment and who want to join a company with tremendous career growth potential.
My client is the largest battery manufacturer in the world and as you know the battery industry is growing at an accelerated rate. My client manufactures batteries for automobiles, industrial equipment, and will soon be manufacturing batteries for most every type of vehicle you see on the road including semi trucks.
This position is going to require about 25 to 30% travel most of it east of the Mississippi River except for an occasional trip to Mexico, Texas, and Seattle.
FYI, your resume will not be sent anywhere without your permission. We would like your resume in a word doc format with full contact information so we can reach out to you.
In order to be considered for this position you must have manufacturing experience. Preferably high-volume tier 1 automotive supplier/plastic injection molding or some other similar product.
SUMMARY: Coordinate activities to ensure compliance with the Company Quality Management System. Interface with all levels of Company, customer, supplier and internal personnel to assure program integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Collect, organize, monitor and distribute information related to quality and process improvement functions.
• Identify / implement continual improvement activities to meet or exceed performance goals.
• Evaluate compliance to the Company Quality Management Systems (ISO 9000, ISO 14000, 10CFR50, etc as applicable).
• Administer the supplier approval process. Conduct supplier surveys as required by the 10CFR50 Appendix B program and supplier visits / audits as necessary.
• Administer the supplier maintenance and supplier corrective action (Supplier Quality Alert processes.
• Assist as required, special project teams formed to evaluate issues within the scope of Company Engineering (CIP’s, processes, etc).
• Coordination and verification of standards at Supplier in accordance with Company requirements
• Track, qualify or disqualify suppliers according to Company standards
• Maintain successful relationships with supply, engineering, manufacturing , and sales department
• Track and report supplier performance
• Assist in the development and implementation of supplier management programs
• Additional duties as required including training and assignments in other work areas.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Highly proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
• Bilingual in Spanish, French or German a plus.
• Lead Assessor training / certification not required but preferred.
• Statistics software training (Minitab) a plus.
• Knowledge ISO 9001:2015 TS 16949 and IATF desired.
• Experience in high-volume manufacturing preferably in automotive supplier base.
• Experience in injection molding and assembly a plus.