Senior Manager of Advanced Quality
For more information contact Sterling Professional Search LLC
248 852 4900 firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: Drive the continuous development of Quality mind set. Develop Quality processes that will structure product development process with preventive actions and defined Quality deliverables. Support Global projects guiding them for success utilizing Quality tools and methods. Managing risks and projects challenges with SET Leaders and cross functional managers generating constructive solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead New Projects Quality activities identifying and assessing project risks and driving preventive actions utilizing Quality tools and methods, training and coaching team members on how to benefit from the results of the advanced quality processes.
- Develop and define Quality plan that support the project goals
- Coach and train co-workers on Quality methods and tools
- Structure project quality deliverables and discipline team on meeting requirements on-time and with quality.
- Drive project challenges into actions and results
- Identify gaps and risks in a project, develop corrective actions and support implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Support supplier development of new components, following quality controls and methods to assure component quality
- Guide and drive process quality activities in the manufacturing environment in preparation for series production utilizing MSA, R@R, PTR process
- Coordinate and manage PPAP dossiers, audit and coach requirements and acceptance criteria
- Support validation and its sign off
- Drive Quality Gate reviews
- Perform project quality risk assessment in a frequent basis
- Drive for implementation and usage of control plans (all project phases)
- Drive and implement Safe launch controls
- Attend and moderate D/P FMEAs
- Coach Quality engineers
- Perform performance reviews according to rule and guidelines
- Motivate and identify development activities to Quality engineers
- Lead by example
- Foster Teamwork and build collaborative relationships
- Provide motivational support
- Establishing focus
- Manage change
- Develop engineers
- Manage performance
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong knowledge and proven application of APQP process, QFD, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control plan, Problem solving, 8D, GD&T, statistical analysis, PPAP, MSA, gauge R&R, Safe launch
Experience with Supplier development process
- Knowledge with batteries
- Knowledge with hardware and software/firmware validation
- Previous experience with electronics and controls, power management systems
- Chinese is a differential
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s in Science – Electrical or Mechatronics or Mechanical engineering
- Master degree is a deferential
TRAVEL REQUIRED: approximately 25%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States. or could be home based. Depending on skill set, experience etc.