For more information contact Fred or Doug at Sterling Professional Search LLC
email@example.com (248) 852-4900
firstname.lastname@example.org (248) 568-8810
Title: QUALITY SYSTEMS ENGINEER TIER 1 AUTOMOTIVE
|Reports To: Quality Manager Department: Quality Engineering Exemption Status: Exempt Location: Washtenaw County
Date: 04/17/19 Approved By: Quality Manager
|The Quality System Engineer design and implement quality assurance systems, processes, and procedures as necessary to insure product/service quality as required by our customers.|
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|1. Manage the improvement of the system through the issuance, control and monitoring of corrective actions
2. Control and follow-up with the engineering changes to ensure the correct implementation of new projects and products are underway.
3. Maintain the quality of the engineering systems by working with Internal and External Auditors to control the projects and processes.
4. Work with the ISO/IATF 16949 Core Tools
5. Direct conversations as needed to ensure quality standards are met
6. Provide system implementations or updates for new engineering processes
7. Ensure customer specific requirements are met
8. Responsible for project work as needed
9. Providing technical and administrative support as needed.
10. Identify root cause of problems and delays and expedite corrective action.
11. Define and implement strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement (Lessons Learned).
12. Maintain LPA
13. Perform all other directed responsibilities as assigned
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
|Bachelor degree preferred or 3 years quality engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES|
|1. Knowledge of quality tools/techniques (APQP, PPAP, IATF 16949, 5-Phase, 8D etc.)
2. Working knowledge of SPC.
3. Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes.
4. Knowledge of Statistical Problem Solving Techniques.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
6. knowledge of SharePoint is a bonus
7. Interact successfully with Customer engineering and SQE representatives
|PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB|
|1. This job requires very little travel
2. May be required to work extended hours when needed