Our client is a multibillion-dollar multinational company in the emerging market of supplying automakers with the equipment, power source, and energy system to move electric cars. This position is located in Reading Pennsylvania and will require travel. Excellent pay and benefits, this is truly a ground-floor opportunity for a dedicated quality professional make his or her mark.
For more information contact Fred Melin president CEO, Sterling professional search LLC. 248-852-4900 firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Quality Manufacturing Methods Manager Global
Reading, PA, US, 19605
Home-based Position: No
Job Type: Full-Time
Company is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, Company is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
To implement processes and methods that will align global manufacturing facilities in the achievement of high standards of product conformity to Customer technical and legal requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement Company guide-lines for Operations Quality Procedures across all regions such as: Approval of first parts produced, Layered audits, Operations Process and Product Audits, Control Plans, Statistical Process Controls, Test and Measurement.
- Analyze and align shop floor process control systems across sister factories. Implement practical systems for shop floor process control that ensure visibility and corporate oversight as well as drive measured savings.
- Implement Company guide-lines and tools for scrap data collection, their stratification and root cause analysis. Work with the plants to ensure adoption of these methods globally.
- Align with EOS (Company Operating System) initiative and support the execution and replication of cost reduction projects
- Review finished goods testing, with a focus on customer applications and reliability, work with Engineering and manufacturing authorities to make recommended test plan updates.
- Support the implementation of new production processes, product launches, and plant expansions through execution of qualification activities and/or providing training to plant operators, supervisors, department heads, and Quality staff.
- Assess Quality Competencies at plant level with identification of training needs to be fulfilled in cooperation with Corporate and Plant leadership
- Promote customer claims management through systematic use of EOS tools and the 8D reporting – drive this thinking throughout the organization and at levels within manufacturing
- Must have 5+ years of Manufacturing Quality Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated statistical Quality and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated change management and/or work within a large scale project that resulted in process and culture change
- Foreign language skills (Spanish) a plus
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to clearly communicate both written and orally when dealing with employees, customers, and outside vendors
- Available to travel as needed 25-40%