Position: Materials Manager North East Ohio area
Our client is a major supplier of sophisticated mechanism systems/components, tier 1 automotive and light truck.
Processes consist of metal stamping, welding, and assembly of sophisticated mechanisms
Reports to: General Manager
Mission: The Materials Manager oversee the establishment of standards, training and monitoring of schedules throughout the company while providing expert scheduling support to our scheduling and inventory teams as well as ensure that all scheduling best practices and standards are adhered to in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
- Previous experience with scheduling production or material planning in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system, Plex preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work well with people
- Drive projects to completion, and multi-task
- High degree of self-motivation
- Excellent work record, including attendance
- APICS certification, preferred.
- Provide leadership for the materials planning strategy, master production schedule, supply chain excellence and inventory control while promoting lean initiatives.
- Provide the best scheduling practices and procedures in order to support company’s organizational needs as well as ensure that all scheduling standards are adhered to.
- Implement value stream scheduling.
- Provide monthly schedule reviews to assure that each schedule is logically and strategically sound.
- Ultimately implement the lean scheduling concept of Every Part Every Interval (E.P.E.I.) where possible.
- Develops and maintains operating rhythm, policies and procedures for all material planning and process scheduling functions across plants and distribution points.
Purchasing and Inventory:
- Identify and lead plant level inventory days’ supply reduction or increase projects and support overall company reduction projects.
- Identify plant improvement opportunities and coordinate with plant materials to achieve improved result.
- Has proposed and achieved a reasonable amount of annual cost savings.
- Support purchase price variance control and management to include development of system strategy.
- Implement standard cycle count procedures to assure improved perpetual inventory accuracy leading to improved MRP output and accurate procurement practices.
- Responsible for inventory planning – stocking strategy, safety stock levels, stocking procedures to achieve cash flow and competitive lead time targets.
- Partners with business, plant operations and purchasing teams to set the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and master production schedule to support revenue targets.
- Define inventory targets for each individual scheduler striving for a 40% inventory to sales ratio.
- Responsible for new product introduction planning to support start of production and revenue & growth plans. Also responsible for managing end of life planning.
- Coordinate and streamline the scheduling activities in order to improve current efficiencies within the scheduling group.
- Ensure accuracy of data in system including location, quantity on hand, value, etc.
- Communication and Participation:
- Communicating to management planned inventory levels to facilitate cash flow management.
- Provide timely response to technical questions of the schedulers.
- Communicate with customer service, as needed, to prioritize line schedule to accommodate hanging customer requirements.
- Work with the scheduling team to recommend weekly overtime and manpower changes needed to meet customer requirements.
- Communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Participate in, and support, lean initiatives, continuous improvement, and problem-solving activities, (including e-Kanban and cost savings throughout the company).
- Development and execution of excess and obsolete inventory strategies and communication of risk to management on monthly basis.
- Support Customer Service and the Scheduling group obsolescence report.
- Proactively manage material and provide feedback to Manufacturing, Engineering and Project Management on critical information.
- Complete and present annual performance appraisals for all direct report employees, outlining positive and negative performance, and document a plan of action for sub-par performers.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS 16949, IATF and safety regulations.
- Follow all safety procedures, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), controls, safety devices and use of coolants.
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate action, bringing to the attention of leadership.
- Organize and maintain personal work area per 5S standards
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management, including training and validating/appraising work as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner, while treating all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Ownership, We can if…Safety) daily, through thoughts and actions.
Relo assistance available.
Excellent salary, bonus, benefits and working conditions.
For more information contact Fred at Sterling Professional Search LLC
email@example.com (248) 852-4900