For more information contact Fred at Sterling Professional Search LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org (248) 852-4900
Title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Location: eastern suburbs detriot.
This position is responsible for managing the Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance departments to support production requirements. Direct reports include 5-7 full-time Manufacturing Engineers and Maintenance Management staff including Controls, Weld Engineering, and Mechanical Maintenance Management.
The role is responsible for the development of engineering and maintenance management staff to ensure that production and customer objectives are met. Also responsible for developing and controlling a budget for the assigned area, and approving and establishing policies and procedures to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Drive the implementation of lean manufacturing projects and the standardization of processes and procedures throughout the organization.
- Oversee and lead the facility and equipment repair, and preventive and predictive maintenance scheduling activities of the maintenance department.
- Oversee the planning and design of manufacturing plant floor layouts and equipment for efficient production.
- Actively participate on the launch team to ensure project tasks are accomplished according to planned delivery milestones and within project budgets.
- Assist the Sales and Quoting departments to evaluate the manufacturing feasibility and investment return on potential new products or existing product revisions.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Department on all PPAP submissions for new products and changes to current products.
- Attend meetings with customers and suppliers to obtain and exchange information relevant to customer programs.
- Present engineering information and work cross functionally.
- Perform various other duties, as from time to time required by the department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel including customers, suppliers
- AutoCad and Solidworks
- GD&T-Blue print reading
- Understanding of MIG and Laser welding of HSLA steel, Experience with Fanuc and/or Motoman Robots preferred
- Software programming background with (Versa Pro, Cimplicity, RS Logic 500 & 5000, AutoCad, Factory Talk View, Panel Builder, Servox, Logic Master 90, Quick Designer & Motion Pro)
- Advanced equipment troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of ISO/TS16949
Education: Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering, with coursework in management preferred or equivalent experience.
Experience: 10 years.
- Essential Skills: Physical requirements include advanced verbal and written communication skills sufficient to interact with all levels of employees, customers, and suppliers. The job involves constant visual effort and mental concentration, and occurs primarily in an industrial office environment, with periods spent on the shop floor. The work requires frequent sitting and use of the computer. It requires the ability to physically distinguish surfaces for purposes of identifying quality-related issues with parts. Computer literacy requirements include skills in word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics, materials resource planning (MRP) system, job costing, management reports, electronic mail and Internet communications software.