Maintenance manager, 300,000 square-foot Tier l automotive supplier of welded and metal stamped components, Western suburbs of Cleveland Ohio
Job Description Department :Maintenance
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
reports to: Plant Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Supervise all the preventive and corrective maintenance activities of all the tools, equipment’s and infrastructures;
• Plan all the inspections and implement predictive maintenance of all tools and equipment’s to assure the best Equipment availability;
• Establish repair and maintenance scheduling priorities in order to meet production deadlines;
• Assure the accurate identification and preservation of costumer propriety (tools and equipment’s);
• Assure the compliance with all legal requirements for all tools, equipment’s and infrastructures;
• Assure that all members of maintenance team are trained according legal, external and internal requirements;
• Participate in purchasing decision and in the reception of new equipment’s in order to assure: list of spare parts, electrical schematics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, connected to the facilities plan;
• Assure all the maintenance activities suggested by the equipment’s and tools providers;
• Spread internally the training received by the equipment’s supplier;
• Participate in the creation of specification equipment book;
• Assure as maximum as possible a standardization of equipment and spares used in the Unit to reduce the complexity of inventories, to define the best solutions in terms of liability and cost;
• Assure minimum stocks of spare parts;
• Maintain updated the Business Unit layouts and all the utilities, like water, gas, etc.;
• Review, develop and support new ideas, plans and procedures to continuously improve maintenance performed on plant and machinery;
• Manage all maintenance cost, assuring the respective Forecast;
• Assure all safety procedures are followed during maintenance activities;
• Main responsible to act and decide in case of emergency situation with machine, equipment or infrastructures by creating and keeping the key-equipment back-up plans;
• Liaison with outside contractors as necessary and ensure the timely completion of maintenance projects;
• Responsible to assure that infrastructures are in good conditions and respect all legal requirements;
• Organize and maintain a filing data system about equipment’s, tools and infrastructures;
• Assure that Maintenance Engineering focus is: preventive maintenance plans effectiveness; optimization of equipment´s availability; fast implementation of process improvements; new equipment´s/tools standard definition.
– High level of leadership, teamwork and management skills;
– IT Knowledge in terms of Word, Excel, Internet e Electronic Mail.
Knowledge in reading, interpreting technical draws, Knowledge in Preventive, Corrective and Predictive Maintenance;
Competencies and Education:
• College degree preferred or five years minimum experience as Maintenance Manger in a high volume automotive related environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrate effective, efficient problem solving skills.